Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Out of the Loop

As fun as the holidays are, the worst part is getting back on a schedule.  I know its only been the first week back to school but I feel out of the loop. I’m not used to my current class schedule, I haven’t figured out an exercise plan and my eat/sleep routines are all over the place.

As far as exercise I tried a new class today- Piyo Strength, which is a mixture of yoga and pilates.  According to the gym’s description the class was to include the “principles of sports stretch, strength training, conditioning, and dynamic movement. It is a unique class designed to build strength & gain flexibility.”

Overall, I wasn’t thrilled with it.  I’m not saying I didn’t enjoy it, but it wasn’t what I expected.  I wanted to sweat and feel the burn! Instead it was a lot of stretching and repetitive movement.  It was the first time the instructor had ever taught the class and the first time it was ever offered at the gym, so my hopes are that it picks up in the future!

As far as academic classes, the week has been pretty slow.  Not that I’m complaining.  Usually the first week is spent going over the syllabi and introductions.  With that being said one of my classes got out over an hour early so that gave me lots of time to catch up on my current obsession:

 source

I’m less than 50 pages away from being done and it has been calling my name! So, I would blab a little more about my day but in all honesty I just want to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment